Monday, January 28, 2013

Today was a good day...we picked our donor! We searched through many to get to the right one. We were able to narrow it down to 8 donors, then we looked deeper and found one of the donor's that we really thought sounded sweet and he had great characteristics. So..we were able to actually look at the baby pictures of two of them and decide from there. We picked one based on his profile, apparent personality, and it helps that he was a cute kid too! This was a different bank than we used before and it was kind of nice to be able to see a baby photo, that made the decision a lot easier. Our biggest fear in a donor...no chin. lol I know it sounds crazy but you know like beaker from the muppets had no chin? we worry about that! With the ability to see a baby picture we are assured that our donor has a chin and will hopefully pass that on to our child/children! lol

1 comment:

  1. For all of you that have never shopped for a donor it can be really intimidating. Kandi knows all these medical terms so she can zip right through it me on the other hand needs to go to the kitchen to make a Jack and Coke and look for the most current dictionary so I can understand what the hell they are talking about.It is also like shopping for a car after awhile your over it and your like how are we even going to chose which one we want. I suggested that we chose our top 10 and then print them out and name each donor invite our family and friends to the donor picking party. Have them all on display and have everyone put a name in the hat and whoever we drew out that is the one we would go with. Now I must tell you that it can also be funny as hell because what is important to you can be different then what is important to your partner and be careful because you will find out stuff about your potential donor that will make you want to run to the hills. For example one donor had an undescended testicle and I was like ok I can deal with that hopefully it won't be passed on. and then Kandi says wait theres more and I am like what she then tells me he has a third nipple I turned and said hell no I can handle one ball but not a third nipple he's out. And we really liked him but hey not enough to have a child with a third nipple. I think that I have mentioned this in my previous blogs that I don't have a filter and I have agreed to be totally honest through this whole thing so if I offend you oh well don't read what I have to say. There now thats out of the way. I am very happy for that we chose our donor.

    ReplyDelete