Friday, February 1, 2013

Lawyer...check!

So we had a little (teeny tiny) scare yesterday when the attorney's office called to say that the attorney I had been working with had been appointed to Judge since we last spoke. So I spoke to the new attorney today and she said we could find a new attorney or stick with the same firm just under a different name. Phew...I thought it was going to be something bigger and cause a headache! But no, it was just a conversation that needed to be had, not anything that needed to change. That means the contracts are underway!!! We should have the draft to us in a week, 2 at the most. After talking to the new attorney, and her saying yes we are still good to move forward and your timeline is fine...I was fighting back tears. This is very surreal for me right now. I know we have been here before....planning for a pregnancy etc. but this is somehow different. I think bc Joy (our surrogate in case I have just been caller her "the surrogate") has already produced 2 babies, we know she can do it and actually got pregnant easily with her first one. This is why it's different, this is why I am exploding inside right now. It is very conceivable (hahaha pun intended) that 7 weeks from now we will get a call that there is a + pregnancy test....I can't wait! I also know that it may take a few tries, been there before. But if I wasn't this excited about it...well that just wouldn't be right! lol I know that a lot of people say you should wait until you are out of the woods to tell people but even then it isn't for sure unfortunately. And, honestly, I just don't think there will be any containing Shorty and my excitement when we find out! We might...might be able to contain ourselves from blogging about it for a few weeks and just keep it to our family and friends...but probably not...and certainly not the 12 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment