Monday, September 12, 2011

ugh the heat

so yesterday, against the wishes of my dear wife but with the blessing of our Dr, I went to a horse show. Riding was fine, nbd...the heat, however, was brutal. My back looks like a lobster lol. The worst part about it is that I get migraines in the sun and this day was no different...except that usually I take a shit-ton of advil to help keep the pain at bay and try to make it go away. Now, with possible-HOPEFUL-implantation taking place, I could not take advil. We had discussed this with the Dr beforehand and she said NO advil after my period bc it interferes with implantation. I felt it coming on and tried to cool myself down with a wet towel, staying in the AC and in the shade but nothing worked. My wife, amazing as she is, took great care of me. I took some Tylenol, and slept on the 90 min drive home with the head half way out the window enjoying the wind in my face.  Still no better when we got home so I went to lie down in our bed and once Shorty put a cold, wet cloth on my forehead/face I started to feel better. A warm shower and then a long nights sleep and the headache is gone today, thank goodness!! That was awful and I really hope I am not one that gets migraines during pg...if I do, I now know that I can deal with it and get rid of it thanks to my sweetheart :-)

1 comment:

  1. That is my job during this journey. To make sure that you are as comfortable as possible. I love you to baby.

    ReplyDelete