Thursday, September 8, 2011

The journey begins

Hi! This is our blog about the journey to become pregnant! I can't promise we will post regularly as we are very busy people but we will do our best. My wife and I will both post so that should make it a little more frequent. My name is Kandi, my wife is Shorty and we have started this crazy journey to become parents.

Here's where we are so far:

We spent a lot of time trying to decide which one of us should carry first. We both want to be bio moms so there was a lot of discussion on this topic. Ultimately we decided that I should go first (too many reasons to go into on here lol) The other major decision-the sperm donor. We had initially decided to use a known donor, thinking that we wanted him to be a part of our lives and our children's lives. We have since changed our minds and chosen an anonymous donor from a semi-local sperm bank. That was quite the conversation!

We knew that we wanted a donor with Blond hair and Blue eyes, we both fit that description. The rest we were open about. I want someone intellectual, she wants someone athletic and we both want a sense of humor and adventure. Shorty definitely wants someone that is NOT hairy, red-headed or freckled hahaha  Some of these are hard to figure out from just what the donor himself has written! Oh to be a fly on the wall when we were discussing which donor to pick lol

We finally settled on 2 possible donors-we only wish we could see pictures! When we finally made the decision to purchase "the goods" I was actually at a business meeting, called to check on the availability and ended up purchasing! I was so excited I called Shorty immediately and said "oh my god, we did it...we bought the sperm and its on its way!" I think we must have sent texts to 6 different people letting them in on the good news!!

So with sperm on its way to our Dr it is really a waiting game to see what my body does on its own. No clomid, no drugs just my body, some fertility tea, prenatal vitamins, and a lot of hope. We are starting with IUI, 3 cycles at most without drugs and then we will go from there.

On Tuesday we had a positive OPK...but it was a false + as it was only day 10 of my cycle. So we rushed to the Dr (an hour and a half away due to no RE in our small town) only to be told that my endometrium was only at 7 and they wanted it at 9, but I did have a follicle that was maturing but was only 13.5 and they wanted it to be at least 18. We were disappointed to say the least but we trust the Dr to make the right decision.

Went back to the Dr today hoping for some good news. Neg OPK this morning but had labs and another ultrasound scheduled. Ultrasound was promising-lining 10 woohoo!! Follicle 18 yay!! Estradiol...115...boooo. So again, not quite ready for insemination. Dr expects a + OPK tomorrow or Saturday....more news to come hopefully a BFP OPK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment